Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 August 2012

Classroom Dojo

A few weeks ago whilst I was tweeting, someone from "Classroom Dojo" got in contact with me and asked me to have a look at their website. Naturally intrigued, I had a quick looksie and quite frankly like what I saw. As a technologically minded person, I have been looking for a good program that allows me to keep an accurate track of my students' positive and negative behaviour, whilst also cataloguing their attendance. Classroom Dojo does exactly this. It's a great app that you can also use on your IWB as students can self assess, something that I feel needs greater input in Spanish schools as children often seem less independent. I've taken some screen shots so that you can see how the setup works.
                                                                                                                                                                         

This is a screen of the main page, here you can add and edit your class list and click on students to add information.

This is the attendance page, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

This is the positive feedback that you can assign each student after every class. 


This is the negative feedback that you can give each student.

                                             
                               This is the end result, an easy way of creating report cards and teacher-parent       conferences.

The best thing about this app is that it also available for iPad and iPhone so if you haven't got access to a computer, you can keep on top of it easily and readily. The only drawback is that it will become time consuming to use, as I personally have hardly any free time during the day, however I do believe it's worth the extra effort! Fantastic job!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky - Kalen from ClassDojo here. Thank you so much for writing this great post - I just passed it around to the whole team and we all really appreciate the support. Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do for you :)

    If anyone who comes across this post has any questions about ClassDojo or needs help getting set up, please don't hesitate to reach out - hello@classdojo.com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thats not problem! I can't wait to start using it in September and I'm already downloading the share information so I can pass it onto my colleagues. I just need to convince my school to give me the wifi code and I'm good to go! :D

    ReplyDelete